1. What did you do in 2005 that you'd never done before?: I got on a plane and went to America all by myself. I got pet rats after years of wanting them.
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?: I don’t make resolutions. They only get broken.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Nope.
4. Did anyone close to you die? Evie.
5. What countries did you visit? America. I think I went to France too but I can’t really remember.
6. What would you like to have in 2006 that you lacked in 2005? The ability to get a job since I’m going to have to at some point. A degree.
7. What date from 2005 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? 1st November.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Flying to America by myself.
9. What was your biggest failure? Not being able to save Evie.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? No.
11. What was the best thing you bought? My girls.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? Sarah’s, for coming back to uni.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? Jeni’s.
14. Where did most of your money go? Student stuff – Alcohol, food, CDs, DVDs, books, gas, electricity.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Going to Florida.
16. What song will always remind you of 2005? 32 Flavours - Ani DiFranco
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
colour c colour
i. happier or sadder? Happier
ii. thinner or fatter? About the same I think.
iii. richer or poorer? That depends on whether my expenses exceeded my student loan or not.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of? Reading, spending time with friends.
19.What do you wish you'd done less of? Worrying
20. How will you be spending Christmas? I spent it at home.
22. Did you fall in love in 2005? No. Went the other way though.
23. How many one-night stands? None.
24. What was your favorite TV program? Doctor Who.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year? I don’t hate them, but I feel a lot more negatively about someone than I did last year.
26. What was the best book you read? Probably Jane Eyre. I’ve read depressingly few books this year.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery? I would say Tom Waits, but that was more of a rediscovery. Same with Abba.
28. What did you want and get? Rats.
30. What was your favorite film of this year? Harry Potter IV.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? Not much, and 22. But I did buy myself a paid LJ with 100 pictures the day after.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Florida working out.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2005? Individual, I hope.
34. What kept you sane? Precious, precious drugs. Oh, and Nicola, Sarah and the internet.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Amber Benson, Hugh Jackman as Wolverine.
36. What political issue stirred you the most? Gay marriage.
37. Who did you miss? Sarah for the first half of the year.
38. Who was the best new person you met? I don’t know about meeting for the first time, but I’m really glad I “re-met” Paul.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2005: Life can be really good when you’re not crippled by depression and social phobia.
40. Song lyrics that best sum up your year?: "Looks like freedom but it feels like death, it’s something in between I guess." – Leonard Cohen ‘Closing Time’ That applies more to the first half of the year. I don't know about the second.
Happy New Year Everyone! Hope you all have a great 2006.