1. What did you do in 2011 that you'd never done before?: Vegas, baby! I went there and to San Francisco for the first time.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?: I kinda did make resolutions last year, actually. In this very meme I said I was considering making resolutions like ‘meet up with friends more’ or ‘finally get your arse to Las Vegas, dammit!’I fulfilled the second one at least. I may or may not make more this year. Probably about being more sociable again.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? No.
4. Did anyone close to you die? No.
5. What countries did you visit? America.
6. What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011? A romantic relationship.
7. What date from 2011 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? June. That’s when I went to America. I suppose it’s not really etched on my memory since I can’t remember the exact dates I was there.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Finally going to Las Vegas and San Francisco after years of wanting to.
9. What was your biggest failure? I suppose being happy with my life. That sounds weird, but the trouble is that this past year I’ve felt so much happier than I can remember being in ages and as a result I feel no ambition or inclination to find a new job or move out of my parents house even though I know I should.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? My apparently never ending cycle of ear infections is really pissing me off.
11. What was the best thing you bought? Tickets to America.
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration? Friends.
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed? Can’t think of anyone off the top of my head.
14. Where did most of your money go? Vegas and San Francisco.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Vegas and San Francisco.
16. What song will always remind you of 2011?. Viva Las Vegas.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? A bit sadder I think, although that might just be because of my mood right now.
ii. thinner or fatter? About the same.
iii. richer or poorer? Maybe slightly richer.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of? Socialising. With people in real life and on the internet.
19.What do you wish you'd done less of? Worrying.
20. How will you be spending Christmas? I spent it at home with my family, the internet and Doctor Who.
22. Did you fall in love in 2011? Sadly no.
23. How many one-night stands? Nil.
24. What was your favourite TV program? Doctor Who.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year? Don’t think so.
26. What was the best book you read? Not sure. I wasn’t overly impressed with most of the books I read, although I’m currently really liking Moll Flanders. And not just because it makes me think of Alex Kingston.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery? A Fine Frenzy.
28. What did you want and get? The Lego Hogwarts Castle. And to go to Las Vegas and San Francisco.
29. What did you want and not get? To kiss someone who thinks I’m wonderful. (Thanks Neil Gaiman for the quote.)
30. What was your favourite film of this year? Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 2.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I was 28. Mum and I went to Winchester and I had a lovely time.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? A romantic relationship.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2011? Lazy.
34. What kept you sane? Friends. Television. The internet.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Matt Smith. With Alex Kingston a close second.
36. What political issue stirred you the most? I’ve kinda given up on caring about politics. Does that make me a bad person?
37. Who did you miss? Wednesday friends.
38. Who was the best new person you met? Did I meet anyone new this year? I’m not sure I did. That’s probably not good.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2011: Tumblr is awesome.
40. Song lyrics that best sum up your year?: “No detectable ambition, a model of efficiency, far as you can see.” - Vienna Teng ‘Whatever You Want’
Take the first and last sentences from each month and post them:
Happy New Year, everyone!
And, as has been previously mentioned, it had the mother who wasn't what the main character thought she was.
Today I commented on two LJ posts and responded to one email.
No final Not a Dress this year because there weren't any guys who looked interesting enough to bother to post. :(
ATTENTION FANDOM-LOVING FRIENDS WHO ARE NOT ALREADY OVER AT FANDOM MARCH MADESS!
WHILE I'M HAPPY THAT BRENNAN IS WINNING HER POLL SO THOROUGHLY, IT DOES COMPLETELY SCREW UP MY BRACKET!
Any excuse to drink champagne is fine by me!
Apparently the universe is telling me that I need to have my eyes tested.
Thank you, Zero! =D
Apparently I'm married to my brother.
I've been in San Francisco four days now but I still keep reading SF as Science Fiction everywhere I see it...
I've been back in the UK for a week now but I've been being my usual unsociable self and avoiding posting or commenting on LJ.
Apparently the dinosaur didn't bother me.
I have a Pottermore account! Yay!
I wonder if there's some kind of vegetarian repentance dance I can do afterwards, maybe sacrifice a lentil or something.
Wow, it's really pouring it down outside.
Tumblrs are cool.
I'm so unsociable.
Happy November, everybody!
I'm going to try and write it anyway, but without the motivation of NaNo to spur me on I may not do very well.
Today I went to the post office to send off presents for overseas people.