1. What did you do in 2010 that you'd never done before?: Marched in a Pride parade and went to BiCon.
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?: As I say every year, I don’t make resolutions. Although I am considering doing some this year. But good things, like ‘meet up with friends more’ or ‘finally get your arse to Las Vegas, dammit!’
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Nope.
4. Did anyone close to you die? Sammy, Fury and Zack. Not a good year for our cats.
5. What countries did you visit? Scotland. (That totally counts...)
6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010? The Lego Hogwarts Castle. (lol, easily pleased!)
7. What date from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? The last weekend in August – BiCon.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Going to Pride and BiCon by myself. (Ok, so I met up with people at BiCon rather than completely going it alone, but that’s still a huge achievement for me!)
9. What was your biggest failure? I was going to say still being in the same position as I was at this time last year, but I’m gradually coming to accept that and try to enjoy my life for what it is rather than what I thought it would be.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Nothing major. My ears bothered me a lot though.
11. What was the best thing you bought? Lego Harry Potter for the PS3. Spent a lot of time playing that!
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration? Friends and relations.
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed? In many ways, the BBC.
14. Where did most of your money go? Edinburgh and Christmas.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? The second to last Harry Potter film.
16. What song will always remind you of 2010? I’m not sure there is one this year.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? Happier.
ii. thinner or fatter? Probably a bit fatter.
iii. richer or poorer? Slightly richer, I think.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of? Creating things.
19.What do you wish you'd done less of? Worrying.
20. How will you be spending Christmas? I spent it at home with my family. We opened presents, drank sherry and watched Doctor Who.
22. Did you fall in love in 2010? No, I did not.
23. How many one-night stands? None at all.
24. What was your favourite TV program? At the beginning of the year, probably Bones. Then I really got into Gilmore Girls. And then Merlin. Also, this series of Doctor Who was the best so far.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year? No.
26. What was the best book you read? Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. Not the first time I read it, but still excellent.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery? Glee. I keep hearing bad things about series 2, but to be honest I watch it more for the songs than the storyline.
28. What did you want and get? To go to Pride.
29. What did you want and not get? A relationship.
30. What was your favourite film of this year? Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 1.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I was 27 and I spent my actual birthday at home and tried to knit. I met up with Wednesday friends the day after, and went to London a couple of weeks later. I consider it all part of my greater birthday experience.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Having more confidence.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010? Smart casual. (How boring.)
34. What kept you sane? Friends, DVDs, home.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? I can’t think of anyone so I’m going to change this question to “Which new ships did you support in 2010?” and the answer to that is Amy/Rory (Doctor Who) and Arthur/Gwen (Merlin).
36. What political issue stirred you the most? The General Election and the gradual erosion of my last remaining dregs of faith in politics and politicians.
37. Who did you miss? Wednesday friends. We need to meet up more!
38. Who was the best new person you met? I don’t think I could pick one. Between my new friends from Fandom March Madness (yes, I do consider that ‘meeting’) and BiCon, I’ve met a load of great people this year.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010: It’s not necessarily a bad thing to not be where you thought you would be.
40. Song lyrics that best sum up your year?:
It’s a sad and a strange thing, but it’s time and I am changing.
Into something good or bad, well that’s your guess.
I’m my own sovereign nation, dedicated to a transformation.
Marching on with this target on my chest.
- Dar Williams
Take the first and last sentences from each month's entries and post them:
Happy New Year everyone.
I hope you liked it!
It's Oscar time of year again!
We will never know.
RPATZZ WAS ON JON STEWART
So yeah, I really had nothing interesting to say in this entry but my ears are really bothering me and I wanted to get it out somewhere. :p
In the immortal words of Homer Simpson: WOOHOO! FOUR DAY WEEKEND!
Or maybe I'll just have another drink.
Yesterday I went to a fair where I did not win as much tat as I would have liked due to the sadly limited number of tombolas.
I'll play LOTRO instead!)
Saving is hard.
I went to Pride in London yesterday.
Overall I had a good time and I'd very much like to go again, assuming I can find my way around Leicester!
Today I have managed the great achievement of surviving for 27 years.
And now I don't know when, or if, it will ever go away.
They are not showing University Challenge this week because of the golf.
You are unbelievably cruel.
Thank you to everyone who replied to my last entry.
Rest assured, the stupid rambling will be more spread out from now on.
It's 12:24pm on Thursday and I am on Livejournal instead of at work.
Merry Christmas, Everyone!