London's fireworks were very impressive this year though, much more so than they have been previously.
Anyway, on to my traditional New Year memes:
1. What did you do in 2009 that you'd never done before?: Travelled to the other side of the world and spent two weeks in the land of Australia.
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?: As I say every year, I don’t make resolutions.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? No. My life is still a baby-free zone.
4. Did anyone close to you die? No.
5. What countries did you visit? Australia. And Singapore and Hong Kong if you count airports.
6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009? A job I like.
7. What date from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? 6th to 20th November. Australia!
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Actually making it to Australia rather than just talking about it for months and not doing anything.
9. What was your biggest failure? Still being in the same situation at the end of the year as I was at the beginning of the year, which was also my biggest failure for last year too. So double fail there!
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Nothing too serious. Although I did fall ill around the height of the swine flu panic so I suppose I could claim that if I wanted to.
11. What was the best thing you bought? I didn’t buy her but Tilly was the best thing we got.
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration? Qantas staff.
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed? Customers.
14. Where did most of your money go? Australia and various Australian retailers and eating establishments.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Getting a bit repetitive here – Australia.
16. What song will always remind you of 2009? Anything from the Wicked soundtrack. Despite what my previous answers may have led you to believe I did do more than just go to Australia last year and one of the other things I did was see Wicked.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? Probably about the same.
ii. thinner or fatter? Probably about the same.
iii. richer or poorer? A bit richer perhaps. Not by a significant amount though.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of? Taking good pictures.
19.What do you wish you'd done less of? Whining.
20. How will you be spending Christmas? I spent it at home with my family. We ate, drank and played Trivial Pursuit.
22. Did you fall in love in 2009? No. I am still sad and alone.
23. How many one-night stands? None. I am a virtuous flower.
24. What was your favourite TV program? Probably Battlestar Galactica. I finally began watching it this year just in time for the final series.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year? No.
26. What was the best book you read? I don’t read many books now and I don’t enjoy those that I do read nearly as much as I used to.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery? Vienna Teng.
28. What did you want and get? A dog and to go to Australia.
29. What did you want and not get? A new job.
30. What was your favourite film of this year? Star Trek.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I was 26 and I went to the dentist. After that I went to the pub with my family. A couple of days before I’d gone to see Avenue Q again.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? A decent job.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009? Uniform Compensation. By which I mean I dressed up a bit more than was necessary when I got the chance to, to make up for the fact that I was stuck in my work uniform for most of the time.
34. What kept you sane? I find this question to be fundamentally flawed in that it makes the unfounded assumption that I am still sane.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? No one stands out especially, although Hugh Jackman retains his position as my fantasy husband. Watching Chuck has made me appreciate Yvonne Strahovski a lot too.
36. What political issue stirred you the most? The ongoing search for a political party I actually want to vote for and not just the best of a bad bunch. I do not have high hopes.
37. Who did you miss? I still miss Sarah.
38. Who was the best new person you met? I didn’t meet many new people.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009: Humans always lose.
40. Song lyrics that best sum up your year?: “It’s my gradual descent into a life I never meant.” – Rilo Kiley
Take the first and last sentences from each month's entries and post them:
I hope everyone had a good New Year's.
The man is a murdering, rapist paedophile who deep down just yearns to sell stuff.
There is about a foot of snow outside my window, more falling from the sky and I am not going to work today.
(Musicals are Back starts around the 95 minute mark for anyone who may wish to skip all that boring awards stuff...)
I finally decided to see the doctor about my headaches but he's on holiday so I saw the nurse practitioner instead.
Happy thing for today - Work was slow and non-stressful.
My old journal theme was depressing me.
My dad's been eyeing the game up too, so if I do decide to buy it (which I think I will) I may have someone to split the cost with.
So I was wrong before, I actually had two more episodes to recap before the new set
*It's a lovely day and instead of enjoying it I'm being whiny and sad.
I have The Sims 3.
If I'm not dead first.
The heatwave should end soon
I blame WORK.
I have no idea what she's going to make of it, but it seemed amusing.
Greetings DUDES and DUDETTES
THIS CALLS FOR EVEN MORE RUM!)
The release date for Chuck series 2 has been put back a week.
Only ONE week to go!
Ok, I know it's a few days late, but I have Halloween pictures!
Thinking, like keeping my eyes open, is hard.
I saw New Moon at the weekend.
I raise my glass to you, Sir Patrick Stewart.