Meme the First:
1. What did you do in 2008 that you'd never done before?: Went to Germany.
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?: I don’t make resolutions. They only get broken.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? No.
4. Did anyone close to you die? Lily and Rose.
5. What countries did you visit? Germany
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008? A job that I don’t hate completely.
7. What date from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? Since I can’t think of anything in particular, I assume that means no dates are etched on my memory.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? I didn’t achieve much last year.
9. What was your biggest failure? Being in the same situation at the end of the year as I was at the beginning.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? That bout of suspected bronchitis wasn’t fun, but nothing major.
11. What was the best thing you bought? If I say the Twilight Saga hardback box set will people hurt me? I honestly can’t think of much I bought last year.
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration? Wednesday friends.
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed? My manager’s.
14. Where did most of your money go? Stuttgart I think.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Joseph
16. What song will always remind you of 2008? I guess anything from Joseph or Avenue Q since I’ll be reminded about going to see them.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? Sadder
ii. thinner or fatter? Thinner, maybe.
iii. richer or poorer? Richer, I think.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of? Actively doing things.
19.What do you wish you'd done less of? Wasting time.
20. How will you be spending Christmas? I spent it at home with my family.
22. Did you fall in love in 2008? No.
23. How many one-night stands? None.
24. What was your favourite TV program? Prison Break.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year? No.
26. What was the best book you read? I have to say Twilight. Not because it’s a good book, but because it has been so much fun to talk about with people.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery? I’m not sure I can think of anything.
28. What did you want and get? To see Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat.
29. What did you want and not get? Someone.
30. What was your favourite film of this year? Mamma Mia!
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I was 25. My friends came round and we wasted precious minutes of our lives watching the abomination that is ‘Xena and Hercules: Battle for Mount Olympus’.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Getting a job I liked.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008? Autumnal.
34. What kept you sane? Wednesdays.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Nobody in particular, although Hugh Jackman is always high on my list.
36. What political issue stirred you the most? Probably the US election.
37. Who did you miss? Sarah.
38. Who was the best new person you met? We added a couple of new people to our Wednesday group, which was nice.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008: Customers are fucking morons.
40. Song lyrics that best sum up your year?: “Though I’m living and I’m singing, and although my hands still play. Soon enough it will all be over, cos tomorrow is today.” – Billy Joel
And Meme the Second:
Take the first and last sentences from each month's entries and post them:
I like customers who give me chocolate.
*Desperately clings to last remaining 38 minutes of battery life*
I keep trying to write an entry about the last few days but I'm too tired, so I'm just going to summarise things for you:
Or pleasantly surprised, I suppose.
I'm going to see Leonard Cohen in concert.
Clearly, Word does not approve of Sara/Snoopy.
Some pictures of Fury exploring that strange white stuff that appeared yesterday morning.
I think I'm drunk.
So many questions!)
Today was good.
And the Spirit of Louisiana.
Caroline is not a happy bunny.
We're going to see him again in November. :)
Last night I saw Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat for the second time.
I would be very happy to go see it again.
Just under 15 minutes until new Prison Break.
Dr Sara is happy about this and continues on home, blissfully unaware that Evil Company Assassin is RIGHT BEHIND YOU! following her home as well.
Ok, I have a Prison Break From the Start recap.
g) In return, you need to post this on your own LJ.
Happy Halloween for yesterday!
Clearly the Computer Gods smiled on me today, after punishing me for my hubris first.
Today, as usual, was horrible.
I want a job that doesn't make me work for ten hours on my favourite day of the year.