Anyway, on with the questions:
1. What did you do in 2007 that you'd never done before?: Got a job.
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?: I don’t make resolutions. They only get broken.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Nope.
4. Did anyone close to you die? Minnie
5. What countries did you visit? I don’t think I left England last year.
6. What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007? Someone.
7. What date from 2007 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? Perhaps the 7th September, which was an excellent birthday.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Starting my first proper, paying job.
9. What was your biggest failure? Probably not getting into Reading. Although all the failed applications for jobs and library positions were pretty bad too.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Nothing drastic.
11. What was the best thing you bought? I honestly can’t think of anything.
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration? My Wednesday friends. Our meet ups kept me sane and happy when things sucked.
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed? On a personal level, I don’t think anyone was too bad.
14. Where did most of your money go? Wednesday meals and DVDs. And a permanent LJ account.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Harry Potter, I guess. (Yes, feel the excitement there.)
16. What song will always remind you of 2007? Uh… can’t think of one off the top of my head.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? Happier probably.
ii. thinner or fatter? Thinner I’d say, thanks to all the walking my job involves.
iii. richer or poorer? Richer. I have income now.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of? Reading. I keep meaning to read more books.
19.What do you wish you'd done less of? Worrying.
20. How will you be spending Christmas? I spent it at home.
22. Did you fall in love in 2007? No.
23. How many one-night stands? None.
24. What was your favourite TV program? CSI.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year? No.
26. What was the best book you read? The Tenant of Wildfell Hall by Anne Bronte. A bit preachy at times (ok, most of the time), but good.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery? Regina Spektor.
28. What did you want and get? A job.
29. What did you want and not get? Into Reading.
30. What was your favourite film of this year?. I’m not sure. I didn’t see as many films as I would have liked.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I was 24 and spent it with my friends, who are awesome and made it a great day.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? A place on a PGCE course. There’s still time for that, but it would have been nice to have it as a certainty.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2007? Individual, I hope.
34. What kept you sane? My friends.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Do fictional characters count? Because I did develop quite a crush on Grissom.
36. What political issue stirred you the most? I managed to avoid politics for the most part. It’s too depressing.
37. Who did you miss? Sarah still. We had such fun at uni.
38. Who was the best new person you met? I met a lot of new people at work who I really like. That was good.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2007: Even the most hopeless of people can overcome their problems and do things they once thought impossible.
40. Song lyrics that best sum up your year?: “Don’t presume to know shit about me, ‘cause I don’t know myself from one day to the next” – Nerina Pallot.
The next meme involves taking the first and last lines of each month's LJ posts for the previous year. Once again, a few of them work well together. September in particular.
Happy 2007 everyone.
Plus there's that little voice in my head that's telling me that even if for some strange reason I do get a position, I won't be able to cope with it.
Minnie's lump has become ulcerated so we took her to the vet yesterday and arranged for her to have it removed.
I'm also thinking I should assume rejection from Aberystwyth since their deadline was long ago and they specifically say if you're not picked they won't bother telling you.
Three more applications done today.
Some people might say I need a life….
Baking was good.
I was so tempted to go and play with it but I'm sure the children would have laughed at me since I have no clue how to use the thing and they obviously do it every day.
Today was my first day with Year 1.
On the plus side; rum is good.
I have been to the doctor.
I'll probably think about it more later and realise I've said something completely stupid or missed out something important.
Receiving rejection letters is a common event for me nowadays so I really should be used to it by now, but this one is particularly disheartening.
It's really quite frustrating.
Ok, I did say to someone offline that I planned to do a post about the innuendo in Harry Potter, so here it is.
Last night I dreamt that I was in a supermarket which was invaded by fundamentalist Christian ninjas who rappelled from the ceiling and went around putting stickers on everything that wasn't Godly.
We have a tiny ball of black fluff in the house now.
And now I'm terrified.
Yes, back by popular demand, I give you the very first season three Prison Break recap:
* Autoassassinophilia has nine syllables.
There is a bonfire in my garden.
NaBloPoMo - Success! Kind of.
So my interview at Reading was today.
I refuse to allow the many-eyed monster to deny me this!
I usually also do the New Year's Resolutions creator meme, but it appears to be down now. So I have no resolution this year. Shame.